There are those that work in hot environments. Then there are those who work where sparks fly or fire is present. The Original Cool Vest – Gray Banox with FR3 Flame Retardant Banox fabric is for them. The durable Banox fabric of the Original Cool Vest works to protect the outside of the vest from sparks while the GlacierPacks keep you cool and comfortable on the inside. This cooling vest features adjustable quick release buckles and over-the-shoulder adjustability to fit a wide range of body sizes. Additionally, it includes a heavy duty front zipper for easy on/off wear.
NOTE: Banox is a trademark of ITEX Corporation for their flame retardant fabric that meets NFPA70E Category 2. The Original Cool Vest – Gray Banox with FR3 Flame Retardant Banox fabric is not tested or claimed to meet the standard as an assembly. No model of Glacier Tek Cool Vests should be worn as an outer garment in any environment that will expose the wearer to arc flash or open flames.
- Banox fabric that is 100% cotton and treated by a single-step flame-retarding process
- Includes one GlacierPack Protect set
- Manufactured with FR3 Flame Retardant Banox fabric
- Weighs about 5.5 pounds with GlacierPacks
- Dry and clean, not soggy and soaking wet like evaporative products
- Maintains a dry, comfortable 59°F / 15°C for up to 2.5 hours in 100°F / 38°C
- Self-contained, portable and unpowered – no cumbersome hoses, tubes or tethers
- Made in the USA
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This vest has enabled my Dad, who has problems with heat, to re-enter the outdoors! Thanks! Order and delivery were ahead of industry standard!
The jackets work well. Core temps are lower. Proven by our own thermal scans. Problem is that people are not convinced because they still sweat and their shirts are wet. It is mental as they don't seem as worn out by day's end. The expander straps are difficult for some to use. The should be made to just click in the existing strap buckles.
We have tried several different cooling vests and this worked best. We are purchasing a few at a time until all employees have one.